Posted on Apr 18, 2021 by Fond du Lac Reservation
* Cleans classrooms and children's bathroom daily, sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, etc.
* Cleans corridors and office area after school each day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
* Scrubs, damp mops, and disinfect toilets and floors daily, and clean all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
* Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently as necessary.
* Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
* Remains on the school premises during school hours and during non-school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and the Division Director requires his/her attendance.
* Keeps inventory of supplies and equipment and orders as necessary in accordance with the maintenance budget.
* Moves furniture or equipment with the building as required for various activities as directed by the Division Director.
* Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, waste, flammable and other dangerous materials in accordance with the Occupational * Safety and Health Administration regulations.
* Assist with self-assessment of the "Environmental Health Standards".
* Is responsible for development and implementation of the Head Start Performance Standards relating to facilities, materials, and equipment.
* Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
* Maintains a clean and organized work area.
* Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
* Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
* Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
* Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
* Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
* Ability to pass bi-annual physical examination.
* Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
* Manual dexterity is required.
* Skills with hand and power tools are required.
* Thorough knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment is required.
* Ability to operate floor care equipment is required.
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions is required.
* Knowledge of preventative maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is required.
* Valid Minnesota driver's license is required.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
* Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
* Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
* Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
* Ability to provide prompt resolution to problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
* Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
* Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
* Some travel may be required.
* This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more.
Closing Date: April 14, 2021
Salary: $12.40 per hour
Native American Preference
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.