Engineer, Administrator - Big Data Support, scripting, Python, UNIX (7502)
Posted on Apr 17, 2021 by iET SA
Engineer, Administrator - Big Data Support, Scripting, Python, UNIX
Big Data Support Engineer | Zurich City | 8 Months | Daily rate upon request
For a project at our client's site, an international bank based in Zurich, we are looking for an motivated Big Data Support Engineer.
In this role, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and supporting the Big data platforms across all regions.
Please be aware that this is a role within a sensitive environment. You'll have to undergo a background screening, which takes some additional time.
As of January 1, 2021, UK citizens will need work visa sponsorship in order to work in Switzerland. iET as an employment agency does not sponsor work visas. We can only work with UK citizens if they are already in Switzerland and possess a valid work permit.Your Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in enterprise IT at a global organization
- 4+ years expertise in Big Data support/Big Data administration ideally with an Engineering background
- Strong Scripting knowledge in Python and UNIX
- Experience in Big Data administration using Cloudera and Hadoop ecosystem
- Know-how in CDH, CDP, Cloudera Hadoop components such as Cloudera Manager, HDFS, Sentry, HBase, Hive, Impala, Hue, Spark, Kafka, Kudu, Phoenix, Ozone, Ranger, Atlas, Knox, NiFi, YARN, TeZ, Livy, Oozie, Solr, Sqoop, ZooKeeper and Postgres
- Good knowledge in Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Cloudera Manager as well as performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
- Well versed in design and implement column family schemas of HBase, apply different HDFS formats and structure like Parquet, Avro, ORC, etc. to speed up analytics, Fine-tune Hadoop applications for high performance and throughput
- Experience in Service Management ie Release management, Incident management as well as experience with deployment toolsets like Odyssey, Git, and Tableau
- Dedicated problem solver with production support experience and an ability to cooperate within a multidisciplinary, global team
- Fluent in English
- Big Data Administration and Operational Support for all Big Data clusters globally, this involves from the scratch installation till the clusters are operational
- Installation of Big Data Platform
- Automation of upgrade and Install steps
- Scripting using Ansible and Python to install and upgrade the big data platform
- Responsible for troubleshooting and supporting the Big data platforms across all regions
Off to new destinations! Apply now directly or contact our team.