Big Data Support Engineer
Posted on Apr 17, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Big Data Support Engineer vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- 6+ years of experience in enterprise IT in global organisations, containing 4+ years of practice in Big Data support, administration and engineering with Cloudera and Hadoop ecosystem
- Expertise in Scripting, especially with Python, Ansible, Salt and Linux/Unix bash Scripting
- Proficient knowledge of Cloudera Hadoop components such as Cloudera Manager, HDFS, Sentry, HBase, Hive, Impala, Hue, Spark, Kafka, Kudu, Phoenix, Ozone, Ranger, Atlas, Knox, NiFi, YARN, TeZ, Livy, Oozie, Solr, Sqoop, ZooKeeper and Postgres
- Familiarity with DevOps technologies along with the ability to elicit technical requirements from a non-technical audience
- Competency of cluster maintenance, creation and removal of nodes using tools like Cloudera Manager as well as awareness of performance tuning Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
- Capability of designing and implementing column family schemas of HBase and applying different HDFS formats and structures to speed up analytics
- Knowhow of monitoring and troubleshooting Hadoop ecosystem run time issues
- Background in service management, release management and incident management as well as experience with deployment tools such as Odyssey, Git, Tableau
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Providing Big Data administration and operational support for all Big Data clusters globally
- Guiding the process from installation until the clusters are operational
- Executing the installation of the Big Data Platform
- Automating upgrades and installing steps
- Scripting with Ansible and Python in order to install and upgrade the platform
- Troubleshooting and supporting the platforms across all regions
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.