Posted on Apr 17, 2021 by Simpson Booth Ltd.
Simpson Booth is supporting a major IT business consultancy with the recruitment of a Business Analyst for a contract at their end customer's office, based in Alicante. The role is currently 100% working from home, however, would require relocation to Alicante next year.
We are looking for inspired professionals that will be part of highly skilled teams who design, develop, deploy, customize and support technologies for EU institutions.
You will have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of services and technologies in order to develop a solid background in the field of applications development.
With over 400 employees from more than 50 different nations, their diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges to appreciate multiple perspectives. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates from across the globe. They have five working languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. As a growing business they will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with.
What you will be doing?
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to play a vital role in this team and will be responsible for internal performance reporting.
We are not looking for just "a numbers person" but a detective who can uncover the root cause of issues, create strategies and build models to show the impact.
You will also...
- Analysis activities. Manage and produce clear and qualified requirements from unstructured information.
- Clarify and prioritise business needs.
- Build up the requirements package.
- Organise, prioritise, specify and model the requirements.
- Validate requirements with stakeholders.
- Lead the definition and improvement of standards and best practices; promote requirements reuse.
- Develop business test scenarios.
- Support other teams (eg development, quality assurance and control).
- Conduct UATs.
- Manage requirements review and approval cycle.
- Provide training to support roll-out (if required).
- Take the lead in defining, maintaining and improving the analysis activities methodology.
- Maintain up-to-date system documentation.
- Communicate impact of changes to stakeholders.
What You Need
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
Who you are...
- Very good knowledge of software development methodologies (RUP, Agile)
- Good knowledge and experience of Client Server and web-based applications architecture;
- Good knowledge of BPMN and UML;
- Strong capacity in preparing and writing business analysis
- Capacity to speak to the business and technical audiences
- Ability to work independently in a multicultural environment, in strict connection with the IT staff and the users
We offer you:
- A competitive offer with an attractive range of benefits
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse environment with talented colleagues
- A supporting environment: in our diverse team we can always count on each other, and new ideas are valued ahead of convention;
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
Thanks for your time checking the job description, if you think you can match with the role don't hesitate to send us your CV, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!