Application Support Specialist (jboss, Linux)
Posted on Apr 16, 2021 by Levy Associates Ltd
This position is for an Application Specialist to join one of the largest financial enterprises, active in the Netherlands and globally: UK, Sydney, Chicago, etc.
The wider function focuses on solutions, services, and support to the bank's Markets organisation.
Approximately 70% of the role will involve support, while the rest of the time will be spent implementing small commercial and larger maintenance changes, handling the whole change from requirements, testing and release.
The applications have both Front End and Back End features and they run on Linux. Some vendors provide most of the code, written in Java and that is also why coding skills are not required.
- Educated to degree standard in an IT, science, engineering, or mathematical discipline or have equivalent
- Able to combine one or more technical specialties with the capability to take over activities of other specialists on the team (analysis, development, and testing)
- Familiar with Linux and jboss
- Able to check errors in Java code (coding skills are a plus)
- Knowledge or background in testing are beneficial
- Incident (tickets) handling skills/first line support experience
- Corporate background (large, financial enterprises preferred)
- Flexible with working hours and open to provide support also overnight
* Absolute integrity (highest professional and ethical standards and strong commitment)
* Credibility and maturity in dealing with people, across a complex organization with different cultures and geographies
* Flexible working approach and willingness to learn new applications and business lines
* Knowledge of and experience with Agile and ITIL