Year in Industry - Chemical Engineering
Posted on Apr 16, 2021 by CV-Library
For 80 years now, Lenzing has been looking beyond fiber. Inspired by the needs of the world, we create smart and exciting solutions made from natural wood – for consumers, for our business partners, and for an environment worth living in. Our expertise and passion are dedicated to support the industry, brands and retailers – in sectors like fashion, beauty care or hygiene – by providing products and services that maximize value creation from both the environmental and the economical perspective. Our tenacity and engineering excellence also drive the development of innovative plant & process technologies. Lenzing offers great career opportunities for tech-savvy tinkerers, life-oriented researchers and visionaries with a strong sense of responsibility.
We are innovative by nature. How about you?
We have an opportunity within our business for a Chemical Engineering Student looking to gain experience in a global company as part of their studies. As a Year In Industry Student you will gain experience in a range of activities, helping you to build key skills and knowledge for your future Chemical Engineering career.
What does a Chemical Engineer at Lenzing do?
Our Chemical Engineers undertake a wide range of activities, some of which are detailed below:
* Provide support for day to day operations, technical problem solving, troubleshooting and short term improvements
* Lead continuous improvement activities through process and product development projects including design, commissioning and project management
* Develop written equipment/plant specifications, P&ID’s and other documentation as required in collaboration with engineering disciplines
* Liaise with suppliers and contract companies to obtain pricing for agreed projects and carry out evaluation trials as necessary
* Conduct/write HAZOPS, HAZIDS, SIL Assessments, operating procedures, risk assessments, permits, COSHH assessments, control system FDS’s, instructions and other documentation relevant to projects
Throughout your placement with us, we will aim to give you an interesting and varied experience, with exposure to as many areas of the Chemical Engineering role as possible. This will not just be an administrative role/time-filling exercise and we will do our best to ensure that when you leave us, you do so with practical skills, experience and knowledge that will not only aid you in completing your studies, but that will prove invaluable in launching your career.
What you need:
Aside from being enrolled on a Chemical Engineering degree, there are a few things that we look for in a candidate that are essential to making sure you’ll be a valued member of our team:
* Good Communication skills – you will work with a range of people both within, and external to our business (e.g. customers and suppliers) fact finding and building relationships
* Teamwork – as a member of different teams, you will help solve problems and work towards common goals
* Initiative – you will be given responsibility to complete important pieces of work, so you must be a self-starter and able to use your initiative
* Good Organisational Skills – you must be able to organise your time and tasks, as this will help you manage day to day workload
* Computer Literate – as with most modern businesses we operate a number of different IT systems. Training will be given, however we expect that you will be computer literate and able to use MS Word and Excel.
* Currently studying Chemical Engineering at undergraduate level
* Numerate and IT literate in MS Office (Excel, Word & Powerpoint)
* Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
Anyone interested should forward either a CV and/or letter/email detailing how your skills and experience make you suitable