Big Data Engineer
Posted on Apr 16, 2021 by TEKsystems
Our client local to Buffalo, New York is looking to bring fully-remote Senior Data Engineers onto their team. This position is slated to be a long-term contract, with the potential for conversion to a permanent employee if a mutual fit and desire exists. This is an opportunity to assist the organization that is on the brink of a Data Analytics transformation, while gaining access to cloud providers such as AWS and Azure, along with Data tools such as Spark and Hadoop (among others).
To be qualified for this position, this individual must be able to work on a W-2 basis without sponsorship.
The top skills requirements include:
- Hands-on Data Engineers with a focus on consumption, integration, and conduction of analysis of raw data.
- 3+ years using Spark, utilized as a central data processor and analytical tool.
- 3+ years using OOP (Ex. Java, Scala, or Python)
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Teradata, SQL Server, and/or Oracle
- 3+ years using Hadoop - Data Engineering experience in a Hadoop environment.
- Some experience using the Informatica suite of tools (Ex. PowerCenter, IDQ, MDM, etc.)
On a day-to-day basis, this individual will join various Agile teams to assist in the consumption of enterprise data.
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, implementation, and support of Data applications
- Develop, construct, test, automate, and maintain Data Pipeline for enterprise and non-enterprise platforms
- Maintain standards compliance and ensure development artifacts are in alignment with patterns/frameworks designed by software engineering teams
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Use large data sets to address business issues
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.