IT Manager (Infrastructure)
Posted on Apr 16, 2021 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our direct client located in North Austin, TX is looking for an experienced IT Manager to lead and manage their infrastructure practice (Network, DevOps, and System Engineering teams). The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience managing technical resources directly - specifically in the IT infrastructure space (DevOps Engineers, Network Engineers, System Engineers, etc). They are also looking for someone with a solid technical background, as a large function of your role will be helping to define and plan their technology strategy and architecture with regards to new infrastructure work (Cloud, DevOps, etc). This is a permanent role, offering a competitive salary and benefits. While you would onboard remotely to start, this role would eventually be on-site.
- Minimum of six (6) years of direct management experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of related Infrastructure experience required (Server, Network, Operating Systems, Cloud Hosting, Security, etc.)
- Minimum of five (5) years of related technical experience required
- Minimum of five (5) years of infrastructure project management experience required (Server, Network, Operating Systems, Cloud Hosting, Security, etc.)
- Extensive budgetary and vendor experience of $3 million or more annually
- Expert understanding of enterprise virtualization, storage and backup systems (VMware, NetApp, Pure, EMC, Cohesity)
- Expert understanding of enterprise networking concepts and systems (BGP, Load Balancing, Network Security, Cisco Nexus, Palo Alto, BigIP/F5)
- Strong understanding of Cloud Networking, Disaster Recovery, Hybrid Cloud/On-Premise Infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise Wi-Fi systems (Cisco Meraki)
- Expertise in Microsoft 365 systems
- Strong understanding of VoIP technologies
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google cloud)
- Superb analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) with the ability to communicate effectively with staff of varying technical expertise
- High level of organization and prioritization with a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Proven experience in solving problems and researching issues with minimal supervision
- Banking/Credit Union/Financial experience preferred
- Must be bondable
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $ 1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $ 1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime: straight time
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.