Posted on Apr 15, 2021 by Broadway Housing Communities, Inc.
History: Founded in 1983, Broadway Housing Communities (BHC) is committed to addressing the challenges of poverty and homelessness for adults, children, families and communities in Upper Manhattan. BHC has developed six buildings that provide housing and other services for adults, children and families living in deep poverty; operates an award-winning early childhood center; and provides opportunities for tenants and the wider community to engage with the cultural arts. A seventh project was recently completed in the National Historic District of Sugar Hill and includes 124 units of permanent, affordable housing; an early childhood center; and a children's museum of art and storytelling along with other community facilities.
Description: This position will be responsible for handling administrative matters within BHC's operations department as well as administrative and office support to the Senior Staff as needed. The position will report directly to BHC's General Counsel and offers an opportunity to gain entry-level operations experience.
· Respond to basic IT basic needs at our sites.
· Coordinate third party IT contractor for advanced IT needs.
· Update maintenance requests in Salesforce.
· Assist with procurement.
· Track and manage inventory.
· Coordinate and communicate between operations team and other BHC departments.
· Coordinate with Museum staff to ensure operations needs are being met.
· Assist with scheduling capital projects.
· Code and submit invoices to fiscal for department expenses
· Complete special assignments as assigned.
· Associates or Bachelor's Degree (or working toward the same).
· Two years administrative working experience preferred.
· Knowledge of software such as Google Docs, Microsoft Word, etc.
· Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills.
· Organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
· Non-profit experience preferred.
· Strong communication (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills.
Application: To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to . Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate your last name and "Operations Assistant" in the subject line. No phone calls, please -- we will respond to those candidates whose qualifications are best aligned with the components of this job description.
BHC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight, or disability. Women, older adults, people of color, low-income individuals, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 403(b) retirement plan and paid time off.