Posted on Apr 15, 2021 by CV-Library
Seetec is evolving. Not only is the shape of the business changing, but the IT function (Digital & Technology Services) within it is transforming. We're look for top-performing managers and staff to help shape the new organisation and there's never been a more exciting time to join such a dynamic team. With your help, our systems will be more modern, secure and reliable, allowing the business to do what it does best - unlock people’s social and economic potential by helping them into work, develop new skills or turn away from crime.
Digital and Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support Seetec from a technological perspective. Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes. Service Management is a vital element ensuring (DTS) Services are delivered to provide continuity of operation to agreed levels of service in support of business operations.
Join our team as Cyber Security Analyst in this vital role of keeping our proprietary and sensitive information secure. You will work inter-departmentally to identify and correct possible flaws in the company’s security systems, solutions, and programs while recommending specific measures that can improve the company’s overall security posture.
Our successful candidate will be educated to Degree level or equivalent in experience and have extensive experience in a Cyber Security role. We need your expertise in cyber security, firewalls, network security, information assurance, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), application security, security engineering, and security architecture to ensure our continued protection.
* Ensure that Seetec's digital assets are protected from unauthorised access.
* If a breach does occur, work on the front line, leading efforts to counter the attack.
* Generate reports for IT administrators and business managers to evaluate the efficacy of the security policies in place and helping to make the necessary changes for a more secure network
* Ethical hacking.
* Penetration testing includes networks, computers, web-based applications, and other systems to detect exploitable vulnerabilities.
* Intrusion prevention - monitor network traffic to detect potential threats and respond to these threats.
* Incident response - manage the negative effects of an attack or breach, from minimising the impact to altering security controls for future prevention.
* Computer forensics – support the prevention of crime through the collection, analysis, and reporting of data; creating evidence in the event of a breach.
* Reverse engineering
* Providing expert advice and guidance on security strategies to manage identified risks and ensure adoption and adherence to standards
Skills and Experience
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject
* Able to demonstrate extensive experience in a Cyber Security role
* Current expertise in cyber security, firewalls, network security, information assurance, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), application security, security engineering, and security architecture.
* Awareness of the latest trends in cyber security
* Detail-oriented with an analytical mindset.
* Certifications in cyber security ( e.g. The Certified Ethical Hacker, CWAPT Certified Penetration Tester, Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst , etc.)
* Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
* Experience of developing systems in line with GDS and Cyber Security Group Guidelines
* Experience of working within a large public sector organisation (Council / Local Authority / NHS / University etc) delivering hosted services to stakeholders
Salary: £28,899 - £38,700 pa (dependent on experience)
Location: Flexible remote working with occasional travel to office based Hockley, Essex
Hours: 37 hrs 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday- Thursday 8.30 am - 4.30pm Friday (Full Time)
Closing Date: 19 May 2021
In Light of Covid 19 Interviews will be undertaken via Teams
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Scheme, access to a wide range of local and national discounts.
Seetec is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£41.4k - £41.4k Annual
£30k - £45k Annual
£25k - £40k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£45k - £52k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual