Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Apr 15, 2021 by Life Image
Are you ready? If so, then come be a part of our Technical Operations team as an innovative leader in healthcare interoperability. Life Image, is currently seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to be responsible for companies private and/or public cloud infrastructure environments.
Do you want to make a difference? Are you ready to bring your career to the next level? Do you want to work for a company that will enable you to put your passion, experience, and technical infrastructure skills to work architecting and maintaining first in kind applications that will help change healthcare for the better?
Anything is possible with you and our team. The talent of our team is what has made us the global leader in healthcare interoperability. At Life Image we hire the best people, and help them grow professionally, ensuring a bright future for our teams and our partners.
This position will be based out of the companies Newton, MA headquarters.
In this role, the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for creating, modifying, maintaining and supporting infrastructure to meet the needs of the business within budget and targeted deadlines . S/he will need to balance availability, security, efficiency and functional requirements to help provide an optimized production service. Identifying and managing existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
The Technology Infrastructure Engineer position reports to the Vice President of Technical Operations, Security and Compliance and works directly with members of the technical operations team at Life Image.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engaging, influencing technical infrastructure best practices within the technical operations team as well as the development, operations and product groups to align technology services/solution delivery.
- Driving quality accountability within the organization with well-defined processes, metrics and goals for process quality. This includes leading effective postmortems and ensuring actions are followed-up.
- Managing availability, latency, scalability and effectiveness of Life Image applications development by instilling engineering reliability into our development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches.
- Creating self-provisioning infrastructure using tools like Ansible and others.
- Driving capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation and other nonfunctional systems requirements.
- Defining key metrics and SLAs around new web service being crated to support rapid growth and migration.
- Implementing metric driven processes to ensure service quality target are met.
- Perform the installation, configuration and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 4 - 6 years of infrastructure experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s) to include experience in systems operations environment supporting complex environment deployment and infrastructure management activities.
- Experience running and migrating large scale application stacks in the Cloud.
- Experience in the following areas (performance engineering, capacity engineering, availability engineering).
- Experience with VMware and other related virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of datacenter storage systems, and protocols for accessing data
- Scripting experience for infrastructure deployment activities.
- In-depth working knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Experience with GCP, AWS, and Azure.
- Deep understanding of Internet and networking protocols.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge in Information Security, Data Privacy and regulatory compliance as it pertains to data.
Life Image offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including paid holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
ABOUT LIFE IMAGE
Life Image is the world's largest medical evidence and image exchange network providing access to points of care and curated clinical and imaging data. It is the only company in the market today with Real World Imaging that provides large-scale, heterogeneous, de-identified imaging sets that are linkable to other longitudinal data.
Founded in 2008, Life Image has spent the last 13 years innovating an interoperable network ecosystem using vendor-agnostic integration standards to connect hospitals, physicians, patients, life sciences, medical device companies, telehealth companies, and EHRS. Its industry-leading connectivity solutions include Provider Exchange, Patient Connect, Network Build, Network Access and RWD Curation.
For more information about Life Image, please visit www.Life Image.com , visit our blog and follow the company on Twitter , Facebook, and LinkedIn .
Life Image's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.