Lead Backend (PHP) Developer
Posted on Apr 15, 2021 by Reset Health
Lead Backend (PHP) Developer
About the Company:
Reset Health helps people who suffer from type 2 diabetes and obesity to reset their own health. Quickly. Simply. And affordably. We create evidence-based individual metabolic programmes that benefit from the latest findings from our scientific advisory board and peer reviewed research. We combine medical expertise, smart technology and personal support to help all our members reset.
We know it's tough. There are tons of tasty foods down every supermarket aisle and it is difficult to exercise, to sleep well and to manage stress. With our busy lives and responsibilities it's so hard to take the time to reassess what's working for us and what's making us unhealthy and unhappy.
Reset Health takes the time to make that assessment with you. Our sweet spot is putting you in control of your health. We provide an individual programme with the reassurance of all the tools and support you need every day. We are successful when you get healthier and happier - it's as simple as that.
About the role:
We are in the early stages of transitioning our technology and systems from an external development partner to an in-house agile team. As part of this exciting transition and growth for the company a need has arisen for a Lead Backend Developer (PHP).
Reporting into the CTO the successful candidate will be working with the Head of Technical Delivery, Head of Customer Experience and other Technical Leads to help define and deliver a technology roadmap. The Leads are based in London with remote developers in Eastern Europe who augment our London team.
- Work with the CTO define the strategy for the backend technical design
- Create low level technical designs and brief the development team
- Define coding standards for the PHP domain
- Lead code reviews for Backend coding
- Select staff that you want working on your team
- Several years experience leading others
- Collaborative team player, know how to encourage the best out of others
- An ace at modern PHP, with strong Laravel experience
- Interested in a micro-services instead of monolithic stack
- Good grounding in security matters
- Wants to write and own a code base that is made of good, clean and well-tested code
- Flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Opportunity to participate in the company share options scheme
- Video Screening - Answer 5 questions to camera, get us to know you a bit better beyond your CV. No preparation required. Duration 15 minutes.
- Technical Interview - We'll ask you to prepare two things for this meeting (1) rate yourself on a number of criteria in advance so that this can help focus the interview, and (2) we'd like you to show a project you are most proud of where you show Andrew, our CTO your contribution in detail. Duration 1 hour.
- Experience Interview - Opportunity to find out more about us and also for us to understand what you can bring Reset Health aside from your technical skills. This will be an interview with our our Head of Technical Delivery, Yousaf and Head of Customer Experience, Ken. No preparation required. Duration 1 hour.