Content Designer (GDS/government/gov.uk)
Posted on Apr 15, 2021 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Methods are currently looking for a content designer on a contract basis for a programme of work.
Must have experience working in government or familiar with Government Digital Service standards.
- Substantial experience of content design for the web, with proven ability to create usable and accessible content which is accurate, timely, high quality and conforms to style.
- Substantial experience of working in a multidisciplinary team in an agile development environment, and therefore at ease with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals.
- Able to produce digital content that is accurate, timely, relevant, easy to understand, search engine optimised and written to style.
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for user centered design practices for public facing and internal services and applications.
- Able to understand user needs by analysing user research findings and analytics data. Confident in writing actionable content for transactional services to meet those needs.
- Able to use analytical and problem-solving skills to help the team solve design problems and challenge assumptions.
- Understand how a digital service should address the needs of all possible users so that no one is excluded, with particular reference to accessibility and assisted digital.
- Exceptional skills in convincing people that user needs should guide how information is presented.
- Confident in explaining decisions to stakeholders who don't understand web usability or user centered design.
- Experience of working on GOV and other government services
- Strong understanding of the Government Digital Service's Design Principles and Digital Service Standard.
- Proficient in editing with Markdown, editing in HTML and using GitHub.
- Experience of using prototyping tools to develop and test content in context.
- Know how and when to use different prototyping techniques to make and test design hypotheses in rapid iteration.
- Able to contribute to areas beyond the usual boundaries of the discipline,
- for example helping the team understand the service's legal and regulatory environment.