Content Designer (GDS/government/gov.uk)
Posted on Apr 14, 2021 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Methods is recruiting for a Content Designer to join our team on permanent basis.
Since our establishment in 1990, Methods has partnered with a range of central government departments and agencies to transform the way the public sector operates in the UK.
Our mission is to improve and safeguard public-facing services. We apply digital thinking to ensure the future of our public services is centred around our citizens.
Our human touch sets us apart from other consultancies, system integrators and software houses - we have a customer-centric value system whereby we focus on delivering what is right for our clients.
We passionately support our clients in the success of their projects while working collaboratively to share skill sets and solve problems. At Methods we have fun while working hard; we are not afraid of making mistakes and learning from them.
The Content Designer will:
As a content designer you will work on the end-to-end journey of a service, to help users complete their goal and government deliver a policy intent. Your work may involve the creation of, or change to, a transaction, product or single piece of content that stretches across digital and offline channels. You will be expected to:
- make sure appropriate content is shown to a user in the right place and in the best format
- start from discovery and work closely with user researchers, service designers and interaction designers
You will need the following for this role:
- Experience of working in an agile environment (preferably within a multidisciplinary team). At ease with iterative development, and fast-paced environments with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals.
- Confident in explaining decisions to stakeholders who don't understand web usability or user centered content design.
- Able to use analytical and problem-solving skills to help the team solve content design problems and challenge assumptions.
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for user centered content design practices for public facing and internal services and applications.
- Exceptional skills in convincing people that user needs should guide how information is presented.
- Understand how a digital service should address the needs of all possible users so that no one is excluded, with particular reference to accessibility and assisted digital.
- Experience of content design for the web, with proven ability to create usable and accessible content, which is accurate, timely, high quality and conforms to style guidelines.
- Able to understand user needs by analysing user research findings and analytics data. Confident in writing actionable content for transactional services to meet those needs.
- Experience of working on GOV.UK and other government services
- Can apply technical knowledge and experience to create or design workable prototypes, both programs and physical outputs.
Am I the right fit? We're looking for:
- Strong collaboration and team working
- Good Communication skills
- Genuine passion/commitment to improving public services
- A determined and tenacious approach to work
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Good listening and comprehension
- Great stakeholder management
Methods is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment