Accountant / Senior Accountant
Posted on Apr 13, 2021 by CV-Library
Our Client is a modern accountancy practice with a difference. They go beyond tax returns and bookkeeping. Their clients count on them for business strategy as well as accountancy advice.
Our client work with dynamic start-ups and established businesses spanning the Tech, Property, Gaming, Retail, Music and Entertainment industries.
Drawn from a variety of professional backgrounds, they are a young and diverse team of 9 and are in expansion mode and plan to grow in the coming years.
They are now looking to hire an experience Accountant / Senior Accountant Tax Manager to assist with their expansion.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Chartered Accountant, with 2-3 years of experience in Personal Tax.
The role offers career progression and would suit an ambitious individual who is looking for a fast-track to a client-facing role with management responsibility.
The role will include managing client relationships, delegating work/managing a remote team, and take responsibility for scheduling reviewing and overseeing tasks.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
* Review work by junior team members, recognises training opportunities for junior team members, and offers knowledge and support to develop team member performance
* Assisting in the management of a portfolio of personal clients, sole traders and limited companies.
* It would be beneficial if you hold ATT/ACA/ACCA qualifications
* You will have strong experience within an accountancy practice
* Dealing with correspondence from clients and HMRC, via letters, email and telephone
* Completion of annual accounts, tax returns, liaising with clients/third parties to collate information drafting financial reports
* Data preparation and data entry, preparation of simple income/expenditure/letting accounts
* Excellent understanding of UK tax compliance cycle and planning for key deadlines/setting targets
* Checking tax statements of accounts - advising tax payments and payments on account
* Electronic filing of tax returns
* Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
* Holding client meetings
* Able to work under pressure
* To develop relationships with clients to build networking skills and identify opportunities
* To undertake ad hoc tax projects/advisory work
* To manage a portfolio of clients. Working with and answering queries from Directors and clients in a timely and accurate manner within agreed limits of responsibility, including tax compliance advice
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £40k Annual
£31k - £34k Annual
£19.5k - £28.5k Annual
£27k - £46k Annual