Quality Assurance Analyst
Posted on Apr 13, 2021 by Spectrum
Charlotte, NC 28244
This role will be responsible for executing test strategies and assisting Leads to ensure the delivery of quality software applications within the Contact Center Technology (IVR, PBX, Avaya, Agent Facing Desktop Applications) or BSS / Back Office area (Billing Systems -ICOMS/CSG, Nice Guardrails, Gateway Ordering, Unified Customer Communications, Task Management System/Ticketing). This will be accomplished by being involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test execution, reporting/tracking defects and test case automation. Designs test plans and complex test cases and documents results in Micro Focus QC (HP ALM) and JIRA. Works on multiple programs/systems as a project team member. This person will design, conduct and report on a variety of testing initiatives, conduct system changes, perform analysis and reporting, and assist with all Charter system operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage the creation of test environments, test accounts and test data requests.
Write detailed test scripts with acceptance criteria.
Successfully write/runs each scripts in Cyara/Empirix using multiple iterations
Write SQL queries by accessing databases and retrieving data
Report test case execution performance and provide failure details to internal and vendor teams.
Define intuitive troubleshooting and customer process flows to enable self-service.
Build effective relationships with Customer Operations, IT, Engineering and Network Operations teams.
Proactively identify customer experience technology trends and propose solutions.
Maintaining a customer and technology-focus, actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Expand role into other Contact Center Technology or BSS / Back Office Solutions initiatives as required
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office etc.)
- Ability to work with other employees, customers, or suppliers, in person, on the phone, or by written communication in a clear, straight-forward and professional manner.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams of internal and external resources located onshore and offshore
- Ability to manage multiple projects while coordinating efforts across a variety of functional areas
- Customer focused
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Independent, Analytical thinker, Problem solver
- Strong organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical approach to presenting recommendations and making decisions
- Business savvy
- Strong skills in analyzing and resolving defects
- Ability to develop comprehensive STLC artifacts such as test plans, test cases
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance process, tools and methodologies
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
5+ Years - Experience in related testing techniques and methods
3+ Years - Experience using testing tools Micro Focus QC (HP ALM), JIRA, SoapUI (REST & SOAP)
3+ Years- SQL Experience
Related Work Experience
5 Years - Industry related experience (Telecom, Software Dev, Cable), OS (Windows, Unix, Linux)
2 Years - Project management experience
Testing Certification such as ASTQB or CSTAS
HP Test Tool Certifications
Strong knowledge of telephony and customer support systems
Experience working in Telecom industry
Experience with Selenium or other automated testing tools
Experience working with Telecom Infrastructure (Avaya Communication, PBX/IVR technology, Avaya Experience Portal) Customer Relationship Management and Billing System tools (CSG Systems, ICOMS, AMDOCS a plus)
Travel as required
Must be willing to work flexible work schedules including evenings, weekends and holidays.
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click here .
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
Mc Lean, VA