Senior Database Administrator
Posted on Apr 13, 2021 by Solera
The Database Administrator is a highly responsible, technical and administrative database position to manage a large scale environment, supporting all environment builds, capacity planning, installations, configurations, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring. Work also involves providing consulting to multiple development teams on analysis, design, development, and performance tuning issues in a proactive manner - driving improvements in reliability and optimization to the database and application services. This position will support Microsoft SQL and Open Source Database environments.
What You'll Do
- Support Microsoft SQL plus several Open Source technologies including MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Install, configure, upgrade and patch databases.
- Coordinate the allocation of system storage and plans future storage requirements for the database.
- Coordinate, modify and maintain database and schema structures.
- Analyze, implement & maintain database system and data security.
- Develop & implement processes and procedures to monitor and tune databases.
- Plan, develop and implement processes and procedures to backup and recover the database information.
- Plan, develop and implement processes and procedures to maintain archived data on appropriate storage devices.
- Continually improve database administration standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Analyze, document and present database hardware and technology requirements
- Review database development activities to assure conformance with design specifications.
- Participate in and integrate database design with data access development and implementation.
- Provide comprehensive database trouble shooting
- Assist application developers with SQL tuning
- Communicate and coordinate between development teams on project implementations affecting major shared data objects
- Maintain high customer satisfaction
- Participate and collaborate in a strong team of established DBAs
- Participate in a global on call rotation.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience in Microsoft SQL Database Administration, including TSQL, database and SQL tuning and support of application design and development.
- One to three years of hands on experience with MongoDB, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Three to five years of hands on experience with Windows, Windows Core, and/or UNIX (preferably Linux) operating systems.
- Experience with physical database modeling, information engineering, multi-tier design and development, and open systems.
- Familiar with database High Availability and Disaster Recovery techniques and concepts.
- Experience with automation and Scripting tools including PowerShell.
- Strong ability to ascertain, interpret, design and document requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service and team orientation.
- Effective listening, oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- High level of motivation and commitment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Exhibit the following traits: Self Confidence; Curiosity; Tenacity; Tactful; Self starter; Detail oriented
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.