PostgreSql Administrator Remote 6+ Month Contract
Posted on Apr 12, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this 6+ Month contract role, no 3rd party candidates will be considered*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a PostgreSql Administrator for a remote 6+ Month Contract.
- Administer PostgreSQL databases through all phases of their development life cycle.
- Perform routine database maintenance tasks including vacuuming, statistics updates, re-indexing, and log file maintenance.
- Setup monitoring using the statistics collector or third-party tools to ensure optimal query performance.
- Configure backup and recovery plans for each PostgreSQL instance to meet or exceed service level agreements.
- Install and configure PostgreSQL instances on multiple operating systems with consistency and in accordance with industry best practices.
- Plan and implement high availability, load balancing, and replication.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with PostgreSQL 9.6 or greater.
- Experience installing and administering PostgreSQL on multiple Linux distributions (eg Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- In depth knowledge of PostgreSQL internals.
- Solid understanding of database design principals.
- Familiarity using using execution plans to optimize query performance.
- Good SQL language skills including the use of routines and PL/pgSQL.
- Good performance tuning skills for both the instance and queries.
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve production database or instance issues.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including configuring backups and testing restores.
- Hands-on experience with the setup and configuration of high availability environments.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and documentation.