Painter & Decorator
Posted on Apr 12, 2021 by CV-Library
Painter & Decorator
Location: You will be permanently working from HMP Eastwood Park, GL12 8DB
Salary: £24K - £27K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
Why join us?
* Key workers status due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate.
The GFSL work environment offers variety, a positive team culture with opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
In addition to stability and job security, if you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one. We also offer health and well-being benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme.
We are looking for an exceptional Painter & Decorator to assume responsibility for the following:
* Painting and decorating staff and prisoner facilities in the estate
* To ensure maintenance and small repairs are carried out
* To undertake survey inspections including in confined spaces and at height recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
* To drive estates vehicles and operate plant equipment
* To carry out locking duties as required
* To undertake incidental and emergency or urgent tasks and assignments
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
* Must hold a City & Guilds, National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 in Painting and decorating or an equivalent qualification
* Substantiated experience in similar role can be considered as alternative to formal qualification
* Must be able to display competency in the use and operation of all associated power tools and machinery
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
If this sounds like the ideal role, please apply today and we will be in touch.
No agencies please
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£16 - £16 Hourly
£17 - £17 Annual
£18 - £22 Hourly
£39.1k - £41.7k Annual