Posted on Apr 12, 2021 by Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits
Dallas, TX 75215
- Make certain warehouse machinery functions correctly and efficiently to ensure the production shift meets the company's shipping demands on a nightly basis and equipment performs optimally.
- Observe, dismantle, adjust, and repair mechanical devices and control instruments.
- Primary responsibility is to repair conveyor system and,electric and propane equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic, compressor, conveyor and inspection systems.
- Assemble, install, and fabricate equipment as well as perform preventative/predictive maintenance and update all required documentation including nightly repair logs.
- Attend shop meetings and utilize/maintain personal tools.
- Refer to specifications, tech manuals, blueprints, schematics and ladder diagrams as needed or required to resolve equipment issues.
- Promote a safe working environment through endorsement of company safety program along with the maintenance and upkeep of tools/equipment.
- The position is physically demanding necessitating the ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 lbs multiple times throughout the day.
- The conveyor system maintenance requires working at heights of more than 12 feet+ consistently.
- The position is five days a week eight hours and there is overtime on a regular basis.
- During the peak season of October, November, and December along with holidays there may be changes in warehouse schedules to support the business needs.
Prefers Certified Electrician.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or 3 years experience in a distribution environment with an in-depth conveyor system.
- Must be familiar with automatic controls and 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems.
- Pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic conveyor system knowledge a must.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and equipment.
- Capable of managing stressful and high pressure situations as there is an extreme sense of urgency to repair items in an emergency.
- Basic cutting/welding, electrical/wiring helpful. .
- Forklift certification and heavy equipment operation skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is desired.
- Familiarity with beverage and or consumer packaged goods distributor/manufacturing environment.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.