Data Analyst I ( 6 month contract)
Posted on Apr 12, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Data Analyst I
Rate: 27/hr to 32/hr Contract: 04/05 thru 10/08 W2 - on site
Location: Bloomington, I
MS Access, MS Excel Transact SQL Microsoft SSRS Business Objects Cognos BI Report Studio Tableau Power BI Qlik or equivalent
Looking for a candidate who will Perform data collection, analysis, validation and reporting. Designs, tests, and documents processes, SQL queries, and stored procedures. Extracts and analyzes data from various sources, including databases, manual files, and external websites. Responds to data inquiries from various groups within an organization. Creates and publishes regularly scheduled and ad hoc reports. Documents reporting requirements and processes and validates data components as required.
- Create and generate reports through MS-Excel, MS-Access, and SQL using Business Objects interface and direct links to core databases (ODS/EDW)
- Produce reports for and interface with senior management and internal and external stakeholders.
- Document and enhance current reporting procedures
- Analyze data stemming from policy administration systems including: May include: auto, property, farm, and commercial business
- Internal data cleansing and data reconciliation analysis
- Execute data changes and update core reporting applications as needed
- Handle multiple tasks and timelines effectively and communicate risks and issues to manager regularly
- Advanced knowledge of MS Access
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel
- 1-3 years experience with Transact SQL
- 1-3 years of data analysis experience.
- 1-3 years experience with Microsoft SSRS, Business Objects, Cognos BI Report Studio, or equivalent
- Familiarity with visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, or equivalent
- Familiarity with analysis and output verification techniques
- Familiarity of relational database systems (eg Oracle, SQL Server).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be a team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a positive, patient, and professional demeanor.
- Strong operational, organizational, analytical, and technical skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in data mining, data procurement, reporting, and analysis required.
- Strong data background
- Insurance Industry experience a plus