Posted on Apr 12, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Data Analyst Contractor. This is a remote opportunity. This will be a 12 month or longer contract. This analyst will focus on querying data, analysing and clearly presenting analyses to stakeholders across the organization. They need to understand data warehousing and ETL techniques.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Identifying master data elements by analysis of key reports and metrics as used by business teams.
- Support design and maintenance of the Profisee metamodel for Firm wide master data.
- Managing Data Dictionary and Data Lineage.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Support initiatives to maintain metadata (definitions and lineage documentation), reference data, and enforce data quality rules.
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in an analytical role with a heavy focus on querying data, analysing and clearly presenting analyses to stakeholders across the organization.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
- Knowledge of Transact SQL and data query/reporting tool
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.