Technical Due Diligence Analyst (remote)
Posted on Apr 12, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Technical Due Diligence Analyst is responsible for conducting IT due diligence for newly acquired companies on behalf of PE firm clients. This can include bolt on and new platform acquisitions as well as supporting sell side activities in support for carve out transactions. This position can be worked remote.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate M&A IT diligence discussions with clients and target companies across a broad set of industries with a focus on identifying risks and value creation opportunities across IT organization, IT processes, applications (custom-developed and off-the-shelf), infrastructure, cloud technology, and cyber-security; and demonstrate a keen understanding of how technology enables business strategy and operational capabilities.
- Identify gaps and risk associated with IT enablement, IT maturity and IT Tech Debt and provide recommendations on how to mitigate the risks in the M&A context.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of IT costs and financials and able to quickly conduct cost transformation and cost estimation analysis through a combination of 3rd party benchmark and proprietary data and tools.
- Assess technology architecture from data, infrastructure and integration standpoint to provide comments on reliability and scalability of IT environment.
- Absorb multiple streams of information, quickly synthesize data, and draw directionally correct conclusions about the assessed target company.
- Develop key diligence artifacts including agendas, data request lists, interview guides, high-level roadmaps, one time and recurring cost analysis models, benchmark analysis, synergy analysis, contract analysis, IT-related transition service agreement schedules, high-level integration, divestiture and/or standup roadmaps, client deliverables and other related artifacts.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact for client executives.
- Develop scope statements and pricing estimates for prospective clients.
- Identify and collaborate with appropriate subject matter advisors to best serve clients with excellence.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team (including leadership roles) and as an individual.
- Participating in setting engagement objectives and scope.
- Framing issues and developing high level approaches to resolve same.
- Developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including designing deliverable content.
- Ability to work towards meeting tight timelines, as needed.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Managing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Managing day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors; develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients.
- Improving internal processes, and promote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the community of practice, blogs, and other forms of market eminence.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years consulting and/or industry experience.
- Had lead responsibility for the delivery of at least 10+ IT diligence projects.
- Work remotely due to CV 19 restrictions.
- Responsiveness including the ability to respond to emails/calls within a reasonable turnaround based on client situation and needs.
- Worked for a PE firm or consulting firm
- 7+ years relevant work experience with at least 3+ years of consulting experience and at least 3+ years of practical IT operational experience
- Experience leading digital transformation efforts across ERP, cloud, infrastructure, custom-developed technologies, etc.
- Experience leading pre- and post- merger M&A IT activities