Senior Business Systems Analyst
Posted on Apr 11, 2021 by Transamerica
Job Description Summary
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we're proud of the trust we've earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We're also in the business of helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their years.
What You Will Do: As part of Transamerica's team you will facilitate the business analysis process to identify business requirements for system solutions or improved processes that will increase efficiency and overall productivity.
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to Transamerica's rich history and culture. You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of reinventing how we meet our business partner's needs.
What Success Looks Like:
- Conduct business process analysis and needs assessments in an effort to align IT solutions with business initiatives.
- Prepares as is and current state documentation in written and graphical form (flows).
- Use Business Process Modeling techniques and tools to create business process models.
- Lead effort to develop new or revised processes or procedures in lieu of system development.
- Facilitates the elicitation of business and systems requirements.
- Analyze business unit requests and understand business requirements. Work with various technical staff members to determine possible solutions and communicate business and system impacts to IT and Operations staff.
- Prepare documentation for business and system requirements in various formats.
- Works on project teams that are developing or modifying highly complex information systems. Includes analysis and documentation of business and system requirement and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
- Conducts research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and develops formal recommendations to management.
- May serve as a participant in the Enterprise Architecture program. This may involve providing input as to how data is created, stored and used (re-used) as it relates to our business processes.
- May use project management and program management methodologies to support a systems development methodology to meet project deliverables.
- Provide test scenarios or test criteria based on knowledge gained through business and systems analysis. May provide approval or quality check on test plans or test matrix.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience, preferably in IT or a business area discipline (ie accounting, investments, or marketing).
- Minimum of 5 or more years of experience in business systems analysis.
- 2-4 years of industry experience also preferred.
- Two years of experience managing technical projects in a complex environment.
- Basic knowledge of insurance company operations is preferred.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to accept and manage changing priorities and address issues quickly and professionally.
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, SQL, VBA, Alteryx is strongly preferred.
- Life Insurance knowledge is preferred.
- Normal office environment.
- Able to work in a team environment.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.