Business Development Manager
Posted on Apr 11, 2021 by Loadsmart
We are industry veterans and data scientists using innovative technology to fearlessly reinvent the future of freight. As the nerds of logistics,' we seek intelligence in data to solve deep-rooted inefficiencies in the industry. We give shippers, brokers and carriers access to our data connections (linking supply and demand) and a suite of award-winning solutions to strike the perfect balance of cost and service. We're creating a more efficient and environmentally responsible way to move more with less.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You are a freight expert, excited about technology and specialized in evaluating and facilitating strategic product partnerships and investments to expand Loadsmart's product and business.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to work remotely from the United States. The business development team works closely with senior leaders across Loadsmart to help the company's mission through product partnerships, strategic initiatives and M&A. The team is responsible for shaping the company's strategy by identifying industry trends, sourcing and negotiating product partnerships, and maintaining relationships with carrier and shipper partners throughout the freight and tech community. You will evaluate opportunities and prioritize initiatives as well as help guide our decisions on whether to engage with a given opportunity, and if we do engage, whether to partner, buy, or build.Key Responsibilities:
- Own and drive business development programs that are part of the larger strategic vision for Loadsmart.
- Collaborate with business leaders to identify and accelerate the strategy, implementation, project management, and operationalize key initiatives across Loadsmart to enhance our value proposition for our shippers and carriers
- Effectively build and maintain consensus, define success, prioritize, manage day to day, and work cross functionally across several teams and functions at Loadsmart to deliver outcomes
- Utilize your freight industry knowledge to drive innovative cross-company initiatives and develop concrete solutions or recommendations, or identifying gaps and inefficiencies
- Work closely with Product to iterate on Loadsmart's roadmap and priorities
- Develop innovative go-to-market strategies and offerings in collaboration with the Product team to fulfill business needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- 5+ years of business development, preferably in Freight Brokerage
- 1-3+ years of external partnership experience
- Relevant experience leading strategy and implementation of initiatives
- You enjoy building and leading partnership functions from an early stage of team growth, and have delivered exceptional results doing so in the past
- An experienced and proven leader that has successfully scaled a business development team in a startup or other high-growth environment
- Prior experience working closely with product and engineering teams
- API and EDI integration experience a plus
- M&A experience a plus
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$70k - $90k Annual