Risk Information Security Specialist
Posted on Apr 11, 2021 by Request Technology
*This is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious law firm is looking for a Risk Information Systems Specialist. This position will be responsible for protecting business risk, data, client data, and will be interfacing with business IT, IT Security, and Finance Audit employees. They will be making sure everyone is compliant and would like someone with experience with advance excel, Visio, SQL, Qlik, Intapp, OR SSRS a plus.
- Performs business analysis tasks to determine business needs, and translate them to conceptual and system requirements.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (technical and non-technical) to understand and document processes and procedures.
- Conducts regular audits to monitor compliance with established processes by examining and analysing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; preparing for audits by conducting appropriate research; preparing and distributing draft reports to management; and documenting audit tests and findings.
- Follows up on gaps found in process audits to closure.
- Keeps abreast of processes changes and improves protection by recommending changes to processes.
- Supports and facilitates functional and user acceptance testing for Risk systems.
- Performs project management tasks to ensure efficient and successful completion of assigned work/projects.
- Performs data analysis when needed to support department reporting needs.
- Gathers critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produces action plans.
- Support creation of use cases, functional specifications, change requests, test cases and other documentation as needed to ensure quality of delivered product.
- Communicates insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management appropriately.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in business, information management or equivalent experience in a related field is required.
- Two to five years of experience in a legal environment or other professional services environment preferred. Risk, auditing (business process and computer-related auditing techniques preferred), business analysis or related experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate analytical/critical thinking, excellent documentation skills, strong communication skills, acute attention to detail, a collaborative mindset, business acumen, data mining skills and a general understanding of Information Technology. Multi-tasking, setting priorities planning skills and the ability to produce high quality work are required.
- Substantial knowledge of Project Management and Business Analysis methodologies is required. Experience with advance excel, Visio, SQL, Qlik, Intapp, OR SSRS a plus.