Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift
Posted on Apr 11, 2021 by BioThane Coated Webbing Corp
Install, repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, hydraulic components and various production machines and equipment. Analyze, diagnose and problem solve equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems and makes necessary repairs or improvements. Perform maintenance on building and grounds. This position has no direct supervisory duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A positive attitude, strong work ethic and an adherence to BioThane's Core Values are expected.
Honesty - Improve - Innovate
- While working, prioritize safety for self and all other employees in the building.
- Analyze machines or equipment to detect malfunctions, diagnose problem and ensure full operational capabilities.
- Installation, start-up and shut-down of equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Clean and lubricate machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears and bearings.
- Install, program or repair machinery and equipment with programmable controllers.
- Remove and replace worn or defective parts of drive mechanisms or hydraulic systems.
- Start machinery and equipment to test operation following installation or repair.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers, wiring and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Test faulty equipment and apply knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Align, adjust and calibrate equipment according to specifications.
- Design, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Set-up and operate machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs/fixtures and tools.
- Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Repair and maintain buildings and grounds. Responsible for seasonal ground maintenance; especially winter - snow removal on sidewalks, salting, etc.
- Fabricate and repair fixtures and other miscellaneous furnishings as required.
- Bend, cut and thread pipe, cut openings in walls, ceilings and floors for pipes.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Check the maintenance work order board for requests. Prioritize those tasks and address the requests as required.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on equipment, buildings and grounds. Follow/update PM schedules. Update, delete and create required tasks.
- May be responsible for opening building at start of day.
- Keep work area, tools and equipment clean and report safety issues.
- Maintain a positive attitude and treat fellow employees with respect.
- Enroll in courses/seminars (approved and/or recommended by management) for continuous improvement of skills, current techniques and for safety training specific to the various hazards of work situations.
- Able to follow directions, problem solve, troubleshoot/repair equipment and electrical components.
- Able to function in a team-based environment, communicate with all employees/management, organize/schedule projects, and work independently.
- Possess knowledge of welding processes, mechanics and electrical components.
- Able to read blue prints, use Excel and use basic measurement devices.
- Possess vocational math skills.
- Possess general carpentry and industrial maintenance knowledge.