Director Analyst, Security & Risk Management
Posted on Apr 10, 2021 by Gartner Consulting
The successful candidate delivers thought-leading advice to security & risk management clients in the primary topic areas of business continuity and risk management. This advice is provided through the venues of published multi-media-delivered research, conversations with client (inquiry), stage and virtual presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. Candidates have a vision for how business continuity and risk management evolve worldwide and at a regional level.
Specific responsibilities include research, analysis, and development of advice in the following areas:
- Organizational resilience to provide more strategic approaches to business, technology, and organization
- Emergency/Mass Notification Services to address communications in challenging times for organizations
- Pandemic preparedness and response to address current day and future events that represent strategic risks to organizations
- Recovery planning services for post-disaster periods
- Business impact analysis for scenarios an organization may face when addressing strategic risks
- Risk assessments for IT and cyber risk management
- Risk appetite and tolerance by business decision makers in IT and cyber risk
- Third-party and supply-chain risk management
- Broader governance, risk and compliance management concerns or organizations
- Integrated risk management, ie the convergence of IT, cyber and business risks for organizations ways to address them
Qualifications and Job Requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in areas relating to security and risk management technologies and trends in the topic fields outlined.
- Strong background in topic skills outlined, best practices and the ability to keep abreast of changes in industry.
- Several years' experience working within a technology field
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Proven execution skills. The candidate must be able to prioritize multiple competing time demands, load balance and prevent bottlenecks, and drive complex projects and tasks.
- Strong background in topic skills outlined below, best practices and the ability to keep abreast of changes in industry.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and Speaking engagements an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bachelors or equivalent experience, Masters degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally