Financial Crime Data Analyst, Consultancy
Posted on Apr 10, 2021 by Nexere Consulting Limited
My client, a major global consultancy, are hiring a number of Analysts for their Financial Crime Technology team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving company, offering a very well defined career path.
You'll have the chance to work with different areas of the business, as well as closely with the client base - typically large financial institutions.
Their specialisation is data analytics in the financial crime space. The role will involve interactive scoping workshops with clients to identify engagement requirements, creating detailed project plans, analysing both structured and unstructured data, understanding relevant legislation in order to assess clients' policies, procedures and organisational risk, and forming logical conclusions and solutions in order to provide sound advice.
This exciting role will fully utilise your existing programming, data analysis and data management skills. Strong technical skills are essential as you will be required to develop solutions either individually or as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with SQL: functions, stored procedures, pivoting, cursors, recursion, CTEs, triggers, dynamic SQL, query optimisation, transactions and XML.
- A working knowledge of database architecture, specifically designing and reviewing data storage structure, database normalization (1NF, 2NF, 3NF etc) and ensuring these structures are fit for purpose and scalable.
- Good understanding of using Python including its built-in functions and knowledge of data manipulation packages.
- Proven experience in automating manual tasks and ETL.
- Experience using any version control system (eg Git or CVS).
- Knowledge of full stack development in any programming/Scripting language.
- Basic understanding of working with or building an API (REST)
- Ability and curiosity to conduct root-cause investigative work in relation to a system's performance, configuration or data flow issues.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as some commercial Financial Crime experience, AML, Sanctions etc
Send your CV for more information.