Posted on Apr 9, 2021 by CV-Library
The purpose of this role is to aid the growth of the company by offering outstanding technical product application support. The newly created post of Application Engineer is one that would suit an engineer with an interest in both the technical details of product development and product strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Management Team, the Application Engineer will be placed primarily in the Development Team but will work in close collaboration with Sales and Support – facilitating communication and the crucial relationship between technology development, client demands and commercial realities.
The Application Engineer will have an important role in supporting existing and new technology development and testing of instruments, so we are looking for a technically competent and enthusiastic scientist or engineer who is skilled in communication, multi-tasking and relationship building.
This role will have a significant impact on the relationship between IPEC and its clients and so needs to go to someone who will bear that responsibility seriously, who cares about quality of products and services, understands the needs of corporate clients in the industry and is enthusiastic about the future of IPEC, its clients and its employees.
Application Engineer Responsibilities:
To some extent this role will be defined by the successful candidate themselves, but broad areas of responsibility will be:
• Managing transition of products from development stage into commercial offerings.
• Contributing to the overall product development strategy.
• Supporting the technical specification process.
• Rigorous testing of new products and the development of test processes.
• Generating professional technical documentation for internal and external use.
• Providing technical liaison between clients and the development department.
• Working with Sales and Support to help IPEC deliver the best possible customer support.
Application Engineer Requirements:
This post would suit a resourceful and professional engineer who is motivated by providing the highest quality of support and service to clients in this specialised field of engineering.
The post will be adapted to suit the right candidate. Ability, aptitude and attitude are all more important than specific qualifications or experience. As a guide, we would expect a suitable candidate to:
• Be a STEM Graduate.
• A technology enthusiast with an understanding of both high level strategy and the importance of technical details.
• Be a good team player, able to work across diverse departments and manage relationships both internally and externally.
• Have a good understanding of software and hardware development and testing.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have an understanding of technical systems specification.
• Have an understanding of Customer Service & Support.
Independent Power Engineering Consultants (IPEC) is a world leader in on-line Partial Discharge testing in the power industry. Partial discharge (PD) is an electrical phenomenon found in ageing or damaged high voltage insulation. As industrial and distribution power networks approach the end of their lifetime, failing components can be identified by the presence of PD.
IPEC’s research and development work has allowed the detection and analysis of PD to be economically implemented on a large scale, improving network reliability.
IPEC specialise in on-line partial discharge monitoring of MV and HV plant. Its products and services are at the forefront of developments in the field and provide real solutions to the power industry. Clients include: UK Power Networks, LG Group, Saudi Electric Company and Hong Kong Electric.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Based in Stockport SK1, Manchester. Some international travel.
Salary: Negotiable from £30,000 dependent on experience, overseas travel allowance where applicable.
Benefits include: Company Pension Plan, Share Options and Annual Bonus Scheme, flexible working and 25 days annual leave.
Time frame: It is expected that the successful candidate will be in post before the end June 2021 ideally sooner.
Applications should include:
• A comprehensive and up-to-date CV.
• A covering email summarising your interest in the post and demonstrating your suitability for the role.
• Details of your current salary and notice period.
• Contact numbers for referees, which will be used with discretion.
You may have experience of the following: Application Engineer, Product Engineer, Support Engineer, Power Industry, Utilities, Power Generation, Electrical Testing, High Voltage, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Test Engineer, Product Development Engineer, etc.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£28k - £62k Annual
£33k - £40k Annual
£25k - £25k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual