Posted on Apr 9, 2021 by CV-Library
* Water / Wastewater
* £33,000 - £47,000 plus benefits
* Major design & build contractor
My client an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as a D&B contractor and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
As a result of major contract, the client is currently under an intense multi-discipline recruitment drive and need to urgently recruit Graduate Civil Engineers (plus three) and experienced Civil Engineers, ideally C.Eng. MICE.
About The Role
The Civil Engineers will be based at their offices in Manchester and you will be responsible to provide superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts.
In order to ensure the above the individual must co-ordinate the design and produce civil design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.
You will report directly to the Civil Discipline Lead and the responsibilities will include:
* Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
* Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
* Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department
* Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
* Monitor and review the procedures and processes
* Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
* Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to MWHT in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
* To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
* Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
* Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
The Civil Engineers will:-
* Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
* Membership of a professional institution chartered or nearing chartership
* Preferable: - Civil Engineering degree
* Minimum:- Civil Engineering HNC
* Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
Packages for the Civil Engineers include -
* A competitive salary (depending on experience and qualifications)
* Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
* Contribution Pension scheme
* Life Assurance
* Health Insurance
* Private medical Insurance
And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass, etc