IT Service Desk Analyst x 2
Posted on Apr 8, 2021 by Energy Saving Trust
IT Service Desk Analyst x 2
Closing Date: 11 April 2021
Issue Date: 29 March 2021
Position Ref No: BB
Location: Edinburgh, however, currently home based due to government guidance
Salary: This is a grade 4 position
We are looking for two passionate, customer focused IT Service Desk Analysts to work within our in-house service desk team supporting the needs for over 300 users. Teamwork and collaboration are vital in our IT team which, is small but integral to the running of the organisation. As a team we support one another to ensure the work gets done.
You will be responsible for the resolution of first and second line support request, incidents, IT queries and the day to day IT support requirements of our userbase across our sites in Edinburgh, Cardiff, London and remotely. You will also work with our internal stakeholders to deliver service improvements and strive to create the best customer experience when people come to the service desk.
You will bring a strong background in IT supporting working with Windows operating system (Windows 10+). You will have experience in application support, troubleshooting and a range of hardware support. You will have the ability to work with cloud-based service desk with great customer service and communication skills.
Both roles are full-time, permanent positions. Applications close 5pm, 11 April 2021.
For more information, please see job description below.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter addressing the experience required in the job description to us by clicking apply now, citing the reference number you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications submitted without a covering letter will not be considered.
Only people with the right to work in the UK may apply for this position.
Working within the IT team at Energy Saving Trust the IT Service Desk Analyst is responsible for the resolution of first and second line support requests, incidents, IT queries and the day to day IT support requirements of our userbase across our sites in Edinburgh, Cardiff and London.
This role will:
- Provide first and second line support of user incidents and requests within agreed SLA's. Including: deskside and remote IT support for staff.
- Day to day administration and management of our Office 365 environment including Exchange online, Sharepoint and teams.
- Provide VPN Client support
- Administration of Active Directory services such as user account creation, user permissions.
- Software and hardware installations.
- Laptop and mobile phone management using SCCM, Intune and MDM.
- Application support for our office suite and some bespoke applications.
- Ensuring all support requests are logged on our IT Service management tool.
- Working with third party providers to assist with support issues.
- Working with internal stakeholders and IT team to proactively identify service improvements.
- Updating our IT knowledge base and ensuring knowledge is shared among the team.
- Providing a first-class IT services to our userbase across Edinburgh, Cardiff and London.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
Specific skills required include:
- Background in IT support working with Windows operating systems (Windows 10 +).
- Experience of application support and troubleshooting.
- Experience of hardware support of Laptops, printer and network devices.
- Experience of using IT Service management tools for managing requests such as ServiceNow, Freshservice or Servicedesk +.
- Experience of using OS administration tools such as SCCM and Intune for imaging and deployment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong customer service and quality orientation.
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels.
- Experience of working with ISO27001 management system.
- Experience of working in a ITIL framework.
- Microsoft Azure or other cloud infrastructure knowledge
We have some great information and videos on our website about what it's like to work at Energy Saving Trust:
Look forward to hearing from you!