Legal Accounts Manager
Posted on Apr 8, 2021 by CV-Library
Our client is a well-established legal 500 law firm based in the Bury St Edmunds area.
Their finance team are looking for a new Accounts Manager to join the business.
Preferably you will have a Legal Cashier background/experience and have an AAT qualification.
The key duties for this role are as follows:-
* Ensure that all time recording is up to date in time for preparation of the monthly billing which takes place at the end of each month.
* Ensuring that all time recording undertaken by the Legal Team has been entered correctly and raising issues directly with the Legal Team where there are any discrepancies.
* Checking and paying all disbursements on a monthly basis.
* Dealing with any finance related queries from clients.
* Taking payments by card machine and dealing with the banking such as paying in client cheques to Office Account and Client Account as appropriate.
* Client Account Management in accordance with the SRA client account rules
* Managing Counsel Fees including chasing overdue fees (e.g. Barristers’ fees unpaid by clients).
* Credit Control - i.e. chasing unpaid fees / invoices.
* Transaction Posting for all ledgers including:-
o Customer / Sales / Client Ledger
o Supplier Ledger
o Bank posting for all bank accounts (i.e. including Office & Client bank accounts)
o Nominal Ledger
* VAT returns including:-
o Prepare VAT Cash Accounting Returns via Xero
o Reconcile VAT Return to Nominal Ledger including:-
* reconciliation of Output Tax to receipts via LEAP reports
* reconciliation to trade debtors
* reconciliation to trade creditors
o Filing VAT Returns with HMRC via MTD
* Bank Reconciliations
* Month End Reports for Directors including:-
o Profit and Loss Account
o Balance Sheet
o Trial Balance
o Bank Account reconciliations (both Office and Client accounts) and reconciled to trial balance
o Trade Debtors List (reconciled to trial balance)
o Trade Creditors List (reconciled to trial balance)
o Client Account balance listing and reconciliation to Client bank account
o Ad hoc reports as requested by Directors or Accountant.
* Cash Flow Management
* Liaising with the Company Accountant in relation to various matters as necessary
* Payroll including:-
o Providing payroll information to company Accountant, who processes monthly payroll
o Dealing with Starters and Leavers as appropriate
o Dealing with staff pension contributions as appropriate
o Liaising with Accountant regarding any staff payroll queries
* Any other duties
Maxim Recruitment Solutions acts as both a recruitment agency and recruitment business. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 days please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. In line with the GDPR Regulations, we are making you aware that in order to proceed with your application; we will need to contact you via email, telephone and/or text message. By submitting your CV to this vacancy, you are agreeing to Maxim Recruitment Solutions holding your details to enable us to contact you to discuss this vacancy or other suitable positions. Details of our Privacy Notice can be found on our website or emailed across to you if requested. It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions we have in place to protect your data. If you would like further information on our Privacy Notice or GDPR please do contact us