Senior Project Manager
Posted on Apr 8, 2021 by Focal Point Positioning
Senior Project Manager
Location: Offices in Cambridge & Bristol (remote/office-based)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Length: Full-time / Permanent
Providing Next Generation Positioning Solutions
We believe that GNSS is one of the marvels of the modern world and here at FocalPoint, we are on a journey to revolutionise positioning and navigation for smartphones, wearables and vehicles.
Over a trillion dollars of the US economy and over 800 billion euros of the European economy currently depends on this incredible positioning and timing system. However, the sensitivity and accuracy of current receivers fail the levels of performance 21st century businesses and individuals demand. Backed by some of the largest names in the global tech industry, our technologies transform the capability of all GNSS systems worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the VP of Product, the project manager will be responsible for planning, managing and reporting on the day-to-day delivery of our key software projects S-GNSS and D-Tail.
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day delivery of our products and projects by working with our engineering teams, suppliers and customers
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate Agile project management methodology, learning & iterating regularly
- Lead the collaborative planning processes - enabling the prioritisation of work against the capacity and capability of the team
- Work in concert with product managers to create delivery plans for product
roadmaps; monitor and report on progress against these plans
- Manage internal and external dependencies, risks and issues, escalating where necessary to ensure our engineering teams are able to deliver
- 3+ years experience working with Software Engineering professionals to deliver software products / projects.
- Recent experience in applying appropriate Agile methodologies to enable delivery of products / projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 5+ years experience working with Software Engineering professionals to deliver software products / projects.
- Formal training in delivery management methodologies e.g. Certified Scrum
Master (CSM), PRINCE2.
- Ability to manage the delivery of a broad range of Software products from
low-level implementations through to Cloud Service applications.
Your Development and Perks
Your development is equally important as our business grows and we offer opportunities including appraisals, career development plans, training courses, feedback sessions through 1-2-1 meetings, knowledge-sharing and cross-training.
Our generous benefits package includes the following:
- 5% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working (office and remote working to suit your needs)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Extra annual leave between Christmas - New Year's
- BUPA private healthcare
- Access to CharlieHR PerksAtWork
- Company Options Scheme*
- £2000 Recommend a friend scheme
- Office-based Friday lunches on us
- Office-based fruit deliveries and unlimited amounts of caffeine
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our successes are achievements driven by our employees. And that is why our culture is about investing, cultivating and growing our people. We thrive on being trailblazers in the industry and in being honest and the best at everything we do, we will always lead the way in the industry.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is what we continue to build upon. We aim to attract diverse talent from around the world, ensure fairness and equality is at the top of our agenda and sustain an inclusive culture where everyone can grow and succeed.
How Do I Apply?
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you want to work for Focal Point Positioning to us by clicking apply now with the job reference in the subject.
*Company Options are not offered as part of the package. You may be offered them throughout the course of your employment.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£78k - £78k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£65k - £65k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£60k - £63k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual