Speech Language Pathologist
Posted on Apr 8, 2021 by Ascension
We Are Hiring:
Speech Language Pathologist - Speech Therapy 001 - Part Time - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo, MI.
8AM-4:30PM 3 days per week.What You Will Do:
Evaluate and treat patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Perform therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educate and counsel patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintain clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plan and/or assist with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provide information regarding appropriate support programs.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Speech-Language Pathology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Ascension Borgess is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$70k - $75k Annual