IS Business Analyst
Posted on Apr 8, 2021 by CV-Library
Our Client is looking for an IS Business Analyst for a contract position, located in Aberdeenshire.
The Information Services Department sits within the Finance division. Information Services provides the company with information solutions that are aligned with the Company Strategy. We work in partnership with the Business to introduce, innovate and apply digital technology in order to deliver productivity gains and competitive advantage to the Company, ensuring all solutions provided are fit for purpose. We assist the business with all its information and digital requirements, providing a reliable, efficient and cost-effective service in order to ensure that our customers can manage their information and collaborate effectively.
The job holder manages the full software lifecycle: Business analysis and consultancy, application development, implementation and support, project management and translate business requirements/processes into structured, supportable solutions. It is the job-holders responsibility to ensure that resources are deployed in the manner than satisfies user requirements within given SLA and budgetary constraints.
* Provide IS business analysis, solution design/architecture & consultancy services to customers.
* Provide assistance in the preparation of IS Budgets and strategic plans.
* Provide a quality, cost effective support service to business-specific application users and encourage consistency across the assets to reduce costs/effort where possible.
* Acts as single point of contact for business applications ensuring that the roadmap for system evolution and the necessary support and maintenance agreements are in place.
* Actively manage the application portfolio ensuring the correct licensing is in place and obsolescence of supported applications are managed.
* Review change/enhancements requests to ensure there is a business justification and that they are cost effective and technically sound.
* Identify and promote ways in which processes, procedures and IS can be changed or adapted to achieve improvements in the cost effectiveness and quality of its operation.
* Take responsibility for significant IS/Business related projects and activities throughout the year, handling the functional analysis as well as the technical implementation (coordinating resources from other IS Teams), ensuring implementation on time and on budget and realising the benefits envisaged. IS activity / project methodology to be followed.
* Analyse and define detailed business/ IS requirements to ensure that third party suppliers deliver exactly what is required and that solutions are implemented that will improve efficiency and/or reduce costs.
* Plan for and lead student/contractor/3rd Party resources.
* Supervise on day-to-day basis third party support contracts, ensuring that problems are addressed within agreed SLAs and that the required standards for quality are met.
* Translate between user/business requirements and technical suppliers/colleagues.
* Liaise closely with the business to maximise the Company’s investment in IS.
* Substantial professional experience
* High level of company/business knowledge and ability to understand and analyse a wide range of complex business processes
* Full technical competencies in application discipline
* Knowledge of IS processes
* Knowledge of other parts of IS and how they impact upon delivery of application service to the customer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £45k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual