Business Development Manager
Posted on Apr 8, 2021 by CV-Library
Business Development Manager - Traffic Management Technology
Yorkshire & North East
40-60k basic / OTE Double
4 year old company achieving 100% yoy growth and with secure investment
Significant growth plans in the UK and Internationally
Newly created roles selling a product unique in its market
Role: Joining as a BDM, you will become the face of the business within local government. Using a balance of consultative and challenger selling capabilities, you will build a network of contacts who trust your expertise and believe in our product, establishing growing relationships which lead to large-scale product rollouts, and developing leading industry figures as advocates for our brand.
Your day to day tasks will include:
- Seeking, developing and closing opportunities in local government and related verticals.
- Work closely with the Lead Generation function to identify high potential prospects
- Promptly qualifying and developing inbound opportunities.
- Identifying and quickly closing small wins whilst managing longer, high value and complex sales cycles.
- Meeting and presenting to key stakeholders including divisional heads and Directors at local authorities.
- Systematically managing your leads and pipeline to critically analyse & optimise productivity
- Delivering an excellent client journey and experience.
- Effective, consistent prioritisation with focus on the critical few.
- Putting together demos, pitches, and RFP/RFIs
- Participating in marketing lead activity, including seminars and trade shows.
- Attending, contributing and presenting at weekly and monthly team meetings and other internal events.
- Closing and hitting revenue targets.
- Accurately reporting pipeline to line manager, seeking support where appropriate to ensure deals are won.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the business to deliver in line with customer expectations.
- Understand the competitive landscape, customer outcome objective trends and other external influences (e.g. macro-economic conditions, legislation etc.) to effectively position our value proposition.
You: We are looking for a dynamic, customer-centric and personable individual to join this super friendly team. Priority management, excellent communication skills and attention to detail are key to the success of this role. This is a "target led" position where targets will be set monthly/quarterly, so a go-getter attitude, tenacity, and resilience are crucial. You will need to be able to work collaboratively and independently to develop relationships with your clients, internal stakeholders and teammates.
You should also have:
- BSc / BA or higher education.
- 3+ years experience in dealing with Local Government, or selling into Central Government
- 5+ Years of experience in B2B sales roles
- Proven track record in meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, allowing capable articulation of company proposition.
- Strong presentation skills to audiences of all sizes and levels.
While not required for the role, we would love to see any experience with the below:
- Experience in selling complex products and solutions.
- Experience of fast-paced, high-growth startup environments.
- Knowledge of the transport and/or mobility industry.
- Understanding and experience in dealing with complex tender environments.
You will benefit from flexible working policies and a benefits package that includes personal training budget, an annual company away trip, and regular, varied events. This is an exciting opportunity to take an active part in shaping the future of an energetic company dedicated to revolutionising the way our cities work
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£24.8k - £24.8k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual