Posted on Apr 8, 2021 by CV-Library
Management Accountant required for one of our established clients based in Warrington. The Management Accountant will report into the Finance Manager and will be responsible for preparing accounts to trial balance including VAT and statutory reporting and establishing strong relationships with business partners.
Management Accountant Duties and responsibilities:
* Financial reporting to external bodies where relevant including to tax authorities, statutory filings,
financial regulators (VAT and Intrastat Returns) within legal deadlines
* Working capital management to achieve the company's cash and inventory turn targets.
* Ensure finance systems allow efficient reporting under IFRS and local GAAP.
* Management of the company's obligations under VAT and PAYE/NI rules.
* Development and maintenance of systems of internal control to safeguard the company's assets.
* Management of the local financial accounts and respective documentation in line with accounting
* IFRS, local statutory and tax requirements
* On-time and high quality weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual financial reporting in line with
the Group's standards
* Intercompany payables/receivables
* Accruals, prepayments, assets, bank reconciliation
* Business partnering with all stakeholders
* To manage the month end process, including the following:
-SAP closing tasks
-Preparing and maintaining accruals, provision and prepayment for operational expenditure.
-Creation and reconciliation of monthly Intercompany sales invoicing
-Salaries to be posted to SAP
-Submission of accounts into our internal tool Cognos for HQ consolidation.
-Balance sheet reconciliations.
* Support the team in the preparation and review of annual budgets and forecasts
* Ensure all relevant balance sheets are reconciled and highlight any risk opportunities
* Month end journals: prepayments, accruals, fixed assets
* Supporting on the production of monthly profit and loss reports and analysing results
* Work across the organisation to monitor and report non-staff costs
* Assist in the preparation of month and year end audits
* Ideally Part Qualified /Qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
* Up to date and relevant experience as a Management Accountant
* Ability to use Excel to an advanced level and be competent with pivot tables and Vlookups
* Knowledge of SAP
* Competitive holidays plus bank holidays
* Excellent benefits
* Free onsite parking
To be considered for the role send an up to date copy of your CV in Word format and click APPLY NOW!
Assistant Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant / Management Accountant
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age