Posted on Apr 8, 2021 by CV-Library
Location: Uckfield, East Sussex.
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Soil Instruments Ltd, located in East Sussex is a world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of premium quality geotechnical and structural monitoring instrumentation.
About the job
Reporting to the General Manager with a reporting line to the Group Financial Controller, contributing towards the efficient management of the SOIL Instruments Group Finance function with specific responsibility as detailed below.
A permanent, full time position based in Uckfield; normal working hours are 9am-5:30pm Mon-Fri with 1 hour for lunch.
• P&L Review, monitoring actual spend against budget – variance analysis
• Maintain Balance sheet reconciliations, prepare and post month end journal entries
• Cashflow management – multiple currency accounts
• Stock & WIP reconciliations / analysis
• E&O Calculations and review, liaison with Operations team re Scrap/Obsolescence
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Receivable function, providing support to one direct report.
• All book-keeping entries for small German based business
• Monthly / Quarterly and Annual report preparation according to local business and group needs, adhering to strict reporting deadlines
• Payroll preparation for 30 employees (external provider)
• VAT and other Statutory return preparation and filings
• Continual review and improvement of accounting processes and procedures, ensuring efficient and accurate reporting.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by FC & GM
An experienced, hands on, competent individual preferably with a manufacturing background required to manage the day to day finance function of a well-established Geotechnical Instrumentation business.
Preparing accounts to Trial Balance, you will be responsible for all aspects of a busy finance office.
Supervising one staff member who currently looks after AP / AR and Cashbook duties.
Experience of Access Supply Chain ERP software is advantageous but not critical, the candidate must be IT literate with Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£18k - £36k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual