Speech Language Pathologist
Posted on Apr 8, 2021 by Ascension
We Are Hiring:
Speech Language Pathologist-Part Time Day-Dell Seton Medical Center-Austin, TXWhat You Will Do:
Evaluate and treat patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Perform therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educate and counsel patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintain clinical records and follow performance improvement recommendations.
- Plan and/or assist with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provide information regarding appropriate support programs.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Will also accept Texas-Speech Language Pathologist - Intern.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Preferred experience in the Acute Care setting
- Preferred ASHA certification
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.