Posted on Apr 7, 2021 by CV-Library
Our award-winning client is looking to bring in a Software Developer to work on an exciting new project. This is an opportunity to be part of a Research & Development Team developing first class software products to support their continued worldwide success.
As a software developer you will be supported by other team members and be encouraged to develop new skills in a friendly, but highly productive, environment.
Their products run in the .NET environment and support environmental and engineering industries. As a software developer this role will be focused on desktop application development. You will need to demonstrate the ability to understand the technical nature of their work and need to be a good communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
With market leading benefits including: Unlimited Holidays / Bonus / Remote Working, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving development team.
As a software developer your responsibilities will depend on your level of experience but will include:
* Programming: to develop new functions, implement feature requests and fix bugs.
* Software design and specification, in collaboration with product managers.
* Software testing and deployment of new products or features.
* Writing software documentation.
* Computing, Mathematics, Science or Engineering degree or a related discipline.
* Object oriented software development.
* C# or VB.NET (or C++)
* Windows UI design using .NET.
* Knowledge of software engineering best practices including unit testing and industry standard design patterns.
* Use of source control systems (such as Team Foundation Server or GIT).
Nice to have:
* Exposure to GIS, and/or use of geospatial data / and CAD.
* Graphics technologies including OpenGL, DirectX.
* Development of mathematical modelling software.
* Database development
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £50k Annual