Hospice Executive Director
Posted on Apr 7, 2021 by LHC Group
Sharon Hospice, a member of the LHC Group, is hiring an Executive Director for Hermitage, PA. Position eligible for a $5,000 signn on bonus!
Will supervise all aspects of patient care, all activities of professional staff and allied health personnel, regulatory requirements compliance, financial performance, and quality assurance performance improvement activities for agency. The Executive Director or alternate will be available on site during business hours and additionally, if needed.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare / Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency operations.
- Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site during business hours or immediately available by telephone when off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as needed.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the driver for the Care Management Process. The Executive Director or designee RN, such as a Patient Care Manager, will receive daily report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a daily basis.
- Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as needed basis.
- Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the most cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart audits, patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily basis.
- Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and regulatory standards on a constant basis.
- Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
- Maintains personnel files monthly, completes required courses through LHC Connect and attends in-services when applicable.
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Must be a licensed physician, licensed nurse practitioner, licensed registered nurse, or licensed social worker with at least one year of full time experience in a hospice, home health, or oncology setting.
- Current CPR certification required for Executive Directors providing clinical supervision .
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation