SQL Database Administrator
Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this straight contract role, no 3rd party candidates will be considered*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a SQL Database Administrator. Candidate will be responsible for the deployment, administration, and maintenance of all databases hosted on the Microsoft SQL Server platform. This person will work as a member of the firm wide database administration team which provides advanced Level 3 support for the SQL Server environment. They will investigate operational or systematic problems, provide resolution using advanced analytical skills and tools as necessary as well as be responsible for analyzing database performance issues, recommending tuning changes to improve performance.
- Support, administer, and maintain development, test, and production environments.
- Work with project teams comprised of project managers, developers, application vendors, application engineers, and application users to provide DBA support for database deployments and upgrades.
- Create and maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Review, deploy, and administer security for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
- Troubleshoot server and database performance problems and identify solutions to resolve the problems.
- Administer SQL Server security and protect sensitive data.
- Adhere to the Firm s IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Adhere to the Firm s Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting, configuration, and integration documentation for administered systems.
- Function as a primary or backup DBA for assigned applications. Have a working knowledge of all database applications.
- Work with server engineers, storage engineers, and network engineers to resolve issues and prevent downtime.
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the DBA team.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.