Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by NextLink Solutions
Solution Designer - Brussels, Belgium - 6-12 months contract
Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Overall software development experience of 8+ years
- 2+ years of Experience working directly with Enterprise/Solution architects of client and/or customer organisations.
- Strong experience doing detailed designs for applications of similar technology stack
- High level understanding of infrastructure, network and security components
- Experience working with UML.
- Passionate about documenting and maintaining detailed designs
- Able to quickly understand infra, network and security design of customer enterprise and align to their reference architecture and technology standards.
- Actively keeping up with trends and developments in the field
- Able to reach out to larger client or to other vendors when needed, to receive guidance/industry perspectives on solution directions
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of SNCB train planning operations & terminology (PERT-planning, railML, infrastructure, delta's, long term planning, short term planning, Material).
Review high level solution created by Solution Architect and Provide feedback based on current implementation of impacted systems and industry best practices
Detail high level solution produced by Solution Architect and document for the use of development team, infra team, 3rd party vendors and other stake holder's involved
Identify technical components of the solution. This means producing a modular, reusable and flexible design.
Identify optimal hosting platform requirements for each non-prod and prod environments.
Design/Identify interfaces and connection types between components in alignment with general interaction principles.
Detail security implementation required for the solution.
Detail Disaster Recovery solution for the application when needed
Produce detailed design diagrams such as
State transition diagrams
Network connectivity diagrams
Design APIs that are exposed from the solution in line with API guidelines of customer enterprise and industry best practices.
Ensure that solution implementation adhere to technology, infra and security standards of customer enterprise
Review non-functional test results and do the necessary adaptations to solution design
Participate in Technical reviews and guide development teams
Support interfacing applications in their solution discussions
Any other solution design activities specific for the application in scope.
If you wish to apply for these Solution Designer roles please apply ASAP OR send your CV to (see below)
NextLink Solution, a Swiss IT Consultancy Company that has been providing both IT services and IT staffing to major customers for the past 20 years, has an excellent opportunity that can take your career to the next level.