Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by CV-Library
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job Title Software Engineer
Reports To Engineering Manager
Responsible For No reports
Date Created/Reviewed March 2020
Cambrionix’s technology allows you to Charge, Connect, Manage and Store mobile devices, through innovative USB hubs. Based in Cambridge on the St. John’s Innovation Park, we have been successfully operating in this market for over 10 years. Currently dealing with some of the largest Blue-Chip companies in the world we help them achieve seamless data transfer and charging for mass deployments of mobile devices across many industries including Development and SQA (Testing) Teams, Education, Healthcare and other business verticals and audiences.
We are seeking a motivated software engineer with the desire to develop both cross-platform applications, for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and high-level firmware application code in an RTOS environment. This exciting new role will be instrumental in the development of new products aimed at fulfilling the growing needs of our customers with innovative mobile IT solutions.
The successful candidate will bring with them software development experience in taking raw user requirements and developing innovative high-performance solutions for customers.
You will support our Cambridge-based team and work alongside colleagues to develop a range of new products that utilise the latest USB technology and will have lots of opportunity to further develop and broaden your skill set.
There is opportunity for personal development, and we are keen to hear from you should you feel this position is a good career match but you do not yet possess all of our desirable attributes.
[KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE]
* Development of company proprietary API for smart USB devices and associated applications
* To take the initiative and develop desirable software features.
* To engage in open two-way dialogue with other team members about upcoming new product development requirements
* Participate in code reviews, testing and architectural design of new products and features.
* Develop high-level application in an RTOS environment (ST Microelectronics)
* Debug the entire software stack from host application layer, through to device application code running and validating end product function.
* Provide responsive support to customers that report software issues in the field.
* Write appropriate documentation for end customer use and for software documentation.
* C++ experience at a minimum of level of C++14 – including intimate knowledge of C++ containers, multi-threading, and smart pointers.
* Experience of tracking down complex problems such as buffer overwrites, cyclic smart pointer references, threading issues and other similar challenges.
* Networking familiarity in a client/server environment
* Experience of developing software in an embedded RTOS environment.
* C++ Cross platform development, specifically experience with developing for Windows, macOS and Linux
* Some knowledge of TypeScript, Node.js, React, Electron, Python.
* Knowledge in Python programming for testing desirable
* Has used continuous integration tools to automated software deployment.
* Has developed applications using REST APIs / JSON-RPC technologies
* Holds an interest in electronics and wishes to learn electronics.
* Develops code to a good coding standard.
* Participates in code reviews and enjoys working with others in a collaborative way.
* Cares about software performance and memory management
* Carefully considers the user experience, responsiveness and look ‘n’ feel of any interface.
* Enjoys learning new technologies.
* Must be able to work independently and within teams.
* Ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s degree or higher in software/electronics engineering, although other candidates would be considered if they have significant programming experience.
We are a small team. We think big and smart and are growing because we are successful at what we do. Through open communication channels, the team have direct access to each other, and we all have impact on the business. Our whole team helps and supports each other and draws from each other’s experience and knowledge.
[WORKING FOR US]
In addition to a competitive salary, we have great benefits including:
Space and freedom to learn and continually develop from a very experienced, professional and friendly team;
25 days holiday plus English bank holidays;
Bonus structure of up to 20% of salary
Autonomy to do your job and deliver results;
Small company with excellent growth prospects;
Casual dress policy
Modern office environment
Christmas shut down.
[HOW TO APPLY]
Apply with your CV and a brief cover letter, stating why you are interested in working with us and why you believe the role is right for you
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £47k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£40k - £65k Annual
£30k - £65k Annual
£50k - £56k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual