Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by LCA Consulting Services
My client requires an experienced Data Engineer to join their project
Analysis & Design work on enterprise data sets
Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
Working understanding of the health of the underlying architecture
Becoming a subject matter expert on client processes and how data can be used to improve/inform them.
Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Develop reporting and data extracts for customers based on appropriate use cases.
Manage movement of data between operational data stores and analytical data warehouses.
Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
Must have 4+ cumulative years of Data Engineering experience.
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
Experience working with ETL tools and Data Warehousing platforms such as Snowflake.
Experience working with visualization platforms such as Tableau.
Working knowledge of Oracle.
Experience with development of reports using Crystal Reports or similar technologies.
- Experience building and optimizing big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with database performance tuning to improve performance on reports and extracts.
- Experience and working knowledge of NoSQL data stores advantageous.
- Experience working with cloud technologies advantageous.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team.
- Ability to learn new business areas quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Desire to develop your own knowledge by keeping abreast of testing tools and techniques, attending workshops and reviewing technical publications.