Senior Business Analysts
Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by Connect 44 AG
I am currently looking for a Senior Business Analysts, for a well known Swiss Financial Company. The role is based at our client's site in Zurich - Switzerland. With the possibility of remote working.Broad Securities Knowledge (Financial instruments - equities, fonds, bonds Tax knowledge: tax aspects of securities. High profile in technical affinity: database technical aspects
As part of the "Tax Score" project, an assessment of the tax efficiency of financial instruments in accordance with national tax legislations is being elaborated and offered to Our Client's customers. Financial instruments in the category of shares, bonds, funds and structured products is assigned a score between 1 and 100, which our Client calculates using complex rule sets and formulas.
- Build up know-how of our Client's internal technical/business infrastructure along the VDF value chain, in particular profound understanding of the structure of the central securities database as well as its applications and workflows, knowledge of relevant peripheral systems (eg historical prices, data delivery etc).
- Analysis of decision trees and tax matrices provided by external tax specialists (for each relevant type of securities and per tax country)
- Reconciliation of the decision trees with the data attributes available on the Client's central database - discuss open items, issues and questions with the external tax specialists
- Specification of the multi-level rule sets and formulas for the calculation of the tax score - based on the decision trees and tax matrices
- Edit the specifications in given templates (MS Office)
- Performing reviews of the specifications with product management, project team and IT development
- Support the technical implementation (answering queries, carrying out clarifications etc.)
- Set up and edit business documentations of the logic and the rule sets per instrument type and tax country - each for internal and for external purposes
- 7 years plus of conceptual experience at senior/expert level
- 7 years with Banking or Finance experience
- Experience working as a Business Analyst for 7 or more years
- Affinity for (database) technical aspects
- Be hands-on and able to independently perform analyses and edit specifications and demanding documentation.
- Profound, detailed and broad securities knowledge, especially in the area of equities, bonds, funds and structured products
- In-depth knowledge of the tax aspects of securities
- Profound, detailed and broad securities knowledge, especially in the area of equities, bonds, funds and structured products: very good knowledge
- Experience in the securities environment of a bank or software provider is an advantage
- Socially competent person who can communicate skillfully with stakeholders from different hierarchies and disciplines (eg tax experts, possibly bank representatives, product managers, business analysts, software developers)
- Fluent in English- German a big advantage