Senior IT Change & Release Management Analyst
Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our direct, F500 client is looking for a Sr. IT Change and Release Management Analyst to join their organization in a long-term contract position. This role would onboard remotely, but would eventually be on-site in Colorado Springs.
We have a contract assignment for an IT Change Release Management Analyst on an Application Release & Deploy team. This team provides centralized services for release planning, change control, risk mitigation, and deployment of application code. The team ensures that changes are scheduled and managed to mitigate risk and deliver software changes on time and with high quality. The contractor will have responsibility for providing support to one or more aligned application groups.
You will interact daily with other Change/Release Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, and Service Managers. The primary responsibility is to plan and perform software promotion to Development, QA, and Production environments. The applications supported by the team are hosted in a variety of technology platforms such as distributed, Mainframe, and cloud.
Day to day Responsibilities:
- Consult with development teams to plan and execute software releases
- Gatekeeping change control that will impact Production, including assessing risk and facilitating necessary change approvals
- Triage and resolve deployment issues
- Promotion of code/software to various environments
- Working knowledge of Change and Release Management methods, tools, terminology, and industry practices
- Excellent communication skills listening, verbal and written including meeting management and facilitation.
- Excellent customer service skills servicing and interfacing with individuals across IT (customers) in different roles to coordinate/lead elevates for major projects as well as operational changes.
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities successfully, delivering with high quality
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, collaborating with others to establish common goals, including deployment dates.
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to embrace assignment changes when needed.
- Working knowledge of ITIL and industry standards, concepts, terminology, and common practices
- Experience with BMC Remedy ITSM Suite
- Experience with Microsoft AzDO deployment pipelines
- Experience with Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, and Lean practices
-Knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards
-Working knowledge of BMC Remedy/Smart IT
-Experience with Change Management for infrastructure technologies
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime: straight time