Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by HCL GB Ltd
- PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Process Manager is the custodian of the present and future state of maturity relating to the ITIL processes. She/he should take over the management of the Processes right after the transition stage and own all process maturity work on a continual basis after the operation goes live.
She/he should discharge the following responsibilities relating to Process Management, Tools and supporting technology architecture along with some people responsibilities as suggested further in this document:
- Acquire complete understanding of the Process as designed or transitioned by the process transition consultant from CFS Process Consulting Group
- Obtain the baseline documentation of all the processes and other documents (Example: Event Monitoring parameters, Monitoring thresholds, Incident Prioritization Matrix, Capacity Health Model and thresholds, training material, tools configuration and customization documentation etc) as signed off and approved by the authorized customer representatives
- Submit the documentation set to a standardized; formal version and change control methods as agreed with the customer representatives
- Submit the documentation to the Information Security Classification of the customer and HCL's organization (as applicable)
- Host the read-only versions of the released documentation at the designated secure, backed up and access controlled documentation repository of the OMC and issue formal communication to the OMC staff announcing such release
- Simplify process documentation in order to make it easily understandable for operations staff at the point of use
Tools and Process Automation Responsibilities
- Baseline the tool configuration for the Process
- Maintain the Process Set-Up Data' for the respective processes
- Identify and suggest changes to the Foundation data' in the tools
- Analyze and suggest tool customizations in the interest of process workflow optimization
- Work with the tools teams to standardize reports
- Open formal RFCs and work with Tools teams in order to implement customizations and improvements in the tools for process augmentation
- Track tool customizations, affected functionalities and document the release notes in order to conserve the audit trail
- Document the use cases, test cases and test reports formally and participate in release management for the augmentation and upgrades of the tools
Process Effectiveness and Process Governance Responsibilities
- Communicate to all relevant teams (including supporting vendors and customers), the SLA targets as agreed in the service contracts and as configured in the tools as Service Performance Targets
- Generate and publish process performance reports periodically, analyze the root cause of performance shortfalls against committed SLA performance targets and internally tracked KPIs to initiate improvements
- Work with other Process Managers to insure common understanding among the process executing teams in relation to the process interfaces, the data and information to be captured and process during the flow of work/activities across teams
- Periodically review the process to maintain currency of knowledge, contact information and relevance to the changing business context, policies and priorities
- Receive, analyze and incorporate feedback from customers that suggest improvements
- Align the Processes to the standards and methods as per the Service Management Practice issued from the CFS Process Consulting group
- Process Awareness, Training and compliance responsibilities
- Provide detailed training along with the reference material to the process execution staff from various technical domains on their specific responsibilities, records and communication that they must generate
- Communicate to the resolving groups, the importance of specific process activities and how they can be best executed along with the information that they must log and update in the tools
- Periodically audit the process transactions and records in order to identify and process compliance issues and initiate corrective actions
- Where approvals are required, educate the approvers on the criterion for approving specific transactions
- Actively participate in programs that identify process and service management (ITIL) training needs for the operations staff
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- L3 skill required with about 6 to 8 years of relevant work exp.
- Preferably should have ITIL V3 Expert certification
- Experience on ISO 20000 is desirable
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities viz. simplification, automation etc.
- Ability to quickly understand client requirements within the context of our offering, and convert these into the functional solutions.
- Should focus on cost effective solutions, maintain the quality/best practice in mind.
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
- Ability to initiate and mentor Service Improvement Plans.
- Must have experience with Remedy and/or other ITSM tools.
- Ability to work well with customers at multiple levels (Leadership and Non-Leadership) thereby keeping customer satisfaction high
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service at all times. Ability to finish what is started is a must.
- Ability to integrate as a cross-functional, team player in a fast-paced environment where all information is shared.
- Ability to learn new information quickly and the willingness to do so at all times.
- Ability to work flexible hours to coordinate with technical and business consultants, if needed.
- ITIL/ITSM Framework Expertise
- Self Motivated
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Concern for Quality