Principal Data Analytics Architect
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Principal Data Analytics Architect. Candidate will partner with both business and technology groups to ensure that the proposed information architecture solutions not only align with the Company's overall objectives, but also ensures that both groups enable and drive each other to meet the needs of the Company's mission and vision. Creates processes, standards, governance, portfolios, and/or innovates emerging technologies to result in achievement of overall business vision. Takes ownership of the overall enterprise information architecture direction for the company, vision and defining the associated strategy in one or more domains, such as, business, data, technology, application etc. May direct staff members through direct or indirect oversight
- Provides enterprise information architecture capability and expertise required to ensure data and analytics investments, initiatives and projects can realize desired business benefits and create data assets which protect customer/patient information privacy and security in the up-front design.
- Collaborates with Business and IT Data Leadership to builds strategic roadmap for information platforms/systems. Aligns IT strategy and planning with the Company's business goals and objectives. Seamlessly integrates business and service strategy into enterprise information architecture roadmap and enterprise data strategy.
- Develops and maintains the enterprise information architecture in alignment with the overall IT vision, supporting the information needs of the business and/or may manage and perform research and discovery activities, vet ideas, explore and validate emerging information technologies, trends and possibilities relevant to strategic and technical direction, while supporting business innovation and playing the role of a change agent
- Leverages data and analytics skills, tools, techniques and technology to guide our modernization of our broader enterprise information architecture.
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into information technological solutions. Partners with Solution Architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable information architectural solution
- Develops and maintains data policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company. Manages and/or facilitates Review Boards to evaluate project and technology proposals for information architectural or technology fit.
- Facilitates the sharing of information architecture and data management best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by assisting in the creation of an data architecture community of practice OR provides, regularly, visibility, and communicates the R&D findings and perspectives to executive leadership to help scope business and technology long term vision.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks proactively.
- Guides a wide range of audiences. Mentors less experienced architects through onboarding, training, and/or development.
- Not a remote opportunity and must be in the Chicagoland area.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or an Architecture role OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of in an IT, Engineering and/or Architecture role
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in Information Architecture Strategy, Roadmap, and technologies
- Experience in domain-specific information architecture concepts and emerging technologies (Design patterns, frameworks, data solutions, cloud technologies, data engineering technologies, data management solutions, analytic solutions and/or data sciences)
- At least 2 years of experience in Data and Analytics Architecture.
- Experience leading enterprise information architecture frameworks such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework), Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBoK - DAMA).
- Knowledge of healthcare and retail industry trends, typical solutions and strategic directions.
- Experience as an Solutions Architect at the Enterprise level
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating executive management meetings.
- Experience analysing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.